Saturday, December 8, 2012

Orders placed, let me try to explain the setup if you would like to try it yourself


Well my initial setup lacked some stuff that i needed, now the orders are placed and i can explain you what do i want to do - i want to be able to controll the loudness of the game and me from the mixer + have an ability to talk on skype/vent with the condenser microphone, without ppl on vent/skype to hear the game audio. That's why i needed a usb - first of all it will send the game audio to the mixer, and put it on output as a master mix with the microphone line. I still have the microphone line left on my built in card, so i can output the microphone line via fx send and connect it there and use my built in sound card as input for skype's vent's etc., also i will be able to put game audio on vents if requested. I will have game audio muted on xsplit and feed the game audio + microphone to xsplit's microphone input via usb connection from the mixer. I know it's a bit complicated, but it's a legit system and will be operated by the knob on the mic and master mix slider. I will be able to check my levels before the stream starts thanks to the headphones out. Also the compressors will help me to deliver a "high quality" yelling.

Link for the mixer: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/Q1002USB.aspx



As for the mic, i've decided to use a normal studio microphone, it will also allow me to record percussion and acoustic guitars, also it has that direction choosing that the blue yeti has (damn you poland! i cannot get the full blue yeti set here) since it will be phantom powered with gain controll, compressor and 3 step eq i will be able to make my voice sound a wee bit deeper and softer. This one comes in stock with a shock absorber mount, so it will (probably) not catch the keyboard mashing.

Link for the microphone with samples: http://www.mxlmics.com/microphones/studio/2010/

The pop filter and desktop mount's stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment